miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012

Xyngular® 90-Day Body Transformation Challenge Commitment #14: I will eat wisely at restaurants


It may true that many restaurants serve portions large enough for a small army. The same serving of pasta is given to both a 120-pound woman and a 250-pound man. Portions typically include only small amounts of protein and limited vegetables while the refined and starchy carbohydrates take the majority of the plate.
Here are some suggested commitments
• I will eat protein portions the size of my palm. If the serving of protein in your entrée is too small, I'll boost it by ordering a low-fat, high protein appetizer. Or I'll requesting extra meat, chicken, or tofu on my salad or sandwich. If there is too much protein, I'll ask to take half of it home in a doggie bag.

• I'll make the steamed or grilled vegetable choices. Or I'll choose a side salad. If I see a meal on the menu that I crave, but it probably has a high portion of starch, such as bread, rice, or pasta, I'll think about what you really want and I'll request come adjustment to serving sizes. If I decide on grilled fish and steamed veggies, but I also know the rolls are fabulous, I'll eat one! But I won't also have a baked potato and extra rice. The bread is my only starch for the meal.

• I'll be prepared for eating out. Whether it's at a restaurant or at a friend's house, I'll always eat a mini meal before I head out the door. I'll include a good source of lean protein and some high-fiber vegetables. For example, two hard-boiled eggs with a side of steamed broccoli would work. It will fill you up and keep your blood sugar even and happy for a while so your cravings won't let you devour the whole buffet table.

• I will not fear buffets. Just because it's an eat-all-you-want buffet doesn't mean I have to go back ten times. If I feel I want to take several trips to the buffet tables like everyone else, I'll start with the lean protein, such as sliced turkey breast, red meat, or fish. This sets my metabolism and limits the hunger. The next plate can have the steamed vegetables. I'll leave the starchy carbohydrates, fruits, and sweets for last when I'm least hungry.

Many ideas for this and the other articles in this series were gathered from suggestions by Kathy Smith, a well-known fitness icon who has led the charge for exercising, losing weight, and eating healthy for over 30 years. 

Visit:
http://www.xyngular.com/lrivera

http://www.leonardo-rivera.com

Start Today!  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario